The Pearl River Chamber of Commerce is a volunteer organization of residents and business owners who sponsor community events, work to promote business, and preserve and build the Pearl River community. Chamber members include retail, professional, service and corporate businesses, as well as residents.
Notice of Proposed Amendment to the Pearl River Chamber By-laws
A motion and second of a proposed amendment to the Chamber’s By-laws relative to electronic voting by the Board of Directors was discussed at the May 14, 2014 General Meeting. The By-laws state it will be presented at the June 11, 2014 General Membership meeting under old business and discussed before taking a vote that requires a 60% majority vote in favor for it to be approved.
ARTICLE V – OFFICERS, DIRECTORS AND THEIR DUTIES
Section Nine – Board of Director’s Meetings
“Rarely whenever a Board decision is required due to an urgent matter and
a Board meeting cannot be scheduled to meet in person an electronic
proposed vote can take place on the urgent matter unless ONE of
those Board members voting indicate the topic be tabled and addressed at a
scheduled Board meeting. However for a vote to be valid it must be in the
context of an electronic mail meeting, thus a quorum of ballots, seven (7),
must be returned.”
Benefits of Membership
- Business referrals
- Networking events and opportunities
- Chamber website listing and hyperlink www.pearlriverny.org
- Local Government relationships
- Committees – Membership, Government Liaison, Streetscape, Events
- Discounted Rates to be a part of sponsored events: Pearl River Day and Mom’s Shopping Nights
- Chamber sponsored community events: Halloween Trick or Treating Event and Easter Egg Hunt
- Access to Chamber purchased mailing list of local community
- Partnership with Sunrise Business Systems, credit card processor
The Chamber of Commerce is working to create a united business community. Have a voice in the future of Pearl River by joining the Pearl River Chamber of Commerce.